In my last WordPress article I discussed on 3 settings menu called “General“,”Writing” & “Reading“. In this article I explain other settings called “Discussion” ,”Media” & “Permalinks”. To open setting page first need to login into your blog admin. Then click on the “Settings Menu” click on the sub-navigation called “Discussion” it will open below screen-shot.
From these settings you can control comments in your blog post after publishing. Blog post when publish it will ping to other site that also control from these settings. Comment settings available like
Who can post comment on the article?
How many days comment posting open?
Comment Moderation: In these text area you can write words , name, URL, email, or IP address & it will match with your comment then that comment automatically in the moderation queue.
Comment Blacklist: : In these text area you can write words , name, URL, email, or IP address & it will match with your comment then that comment automatically put in trash.
Second setting for Media when you click on that settings it open below page.
From these settings you can controls on the images display in the website. Here is the 3 sizes images size you can set called “Thumbnail Size”, “Medium Size” & “Large Size”. You can just set your desire value in it. It will diaply that size images display. Just change the size value then click on the “Save Changes”.
Third & most important settings for SEO(Search Engine Optimization) called “Permalink Settings.” Click on that settings it will display below screen.
Form these settings you can generate user friendly URL’s. For that you need to active “.htaccess” file need to in root of the project. From settings you can control post & pages links how it display.
1) Plain: If you set plain that display all pages with query parameter & id of that post.
2) Day and name: If you select this then it will display date(year/month/day) of article & then user friendly name of posts or pages.
3) Month and name: If you select this then it will display month(year/month)) of article & then user friendly name of posts or pages.
4) Post name: If you select this then it will display user friendly name of posts or pages.
5) Custom Structure: It you select then you can add your own structure selecting from below parameters like “%day%”,”%month%”,”%hour%”,”%postname%”,”%category%”