Already I wrote about the important of the homo phonic words. We must know their meaning and uses also for our own betterment. Many times we unable to knowing the meaning of many of them and committed mistakes for using them.
9. (a) Aspire:- direct one’s hopes or ambitions towards achieving something.
Example:- I am aspiring a good result from her examinations.
(b) Expire:- come to the end of the period of validity.
Example:- His driving license is expire next month.
10. (a) Assay:-the testing of a metal or ore to determine its ingredients and quality.
Example:- Many explorers have assayed to conquer the Mount Everest but some of them have succeeded.
(b) Essay:- a short piece of writing on a particular subject.
Example:- My essays on environment are really very good.
11. (a) Avocation:- a hobby or minor occupation.
They are basically doctors, and negotiators by avocation.
(b) Vacation:- a fixed holiday period between terms in schools and colleges.
Example:- We enjoy our summer vacations very much with our family.
12. (a) Allay:- diminish or put at rest.
Example:- My coming examinations are allayed me.
(b) Alley:- A narrow passageway between or behind buildings.
Example:- He took a short cut along an alley.
(c) Alloy:- A metal made by combining two or more metallic elements, especially to give greater strength or resistance to corrosion.
Example:- Bronze is an alloy of tin and copper.
13. (a) Amiable:- Having or displaying a friendly and pleasant manner.
Example:- Many of my friends have amiable personality.
(b) Amicable:- characterized by friendliness and absence of discord.
Example:- There is an amicable dispute of the matter.
14. (a) Access:- The means or opportunity to approach or enter a place.
Example:- The staircase gives access to the top of the floor.
(b) Excess:- An amount of something that is more than necessary.
Example:- We received excess rain this summer.
15. (a) Accident:- an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.
Example:- Many people were hampering hazardous situations due to that train accident.
(b) Incident:- An instance of something happening; an event or occurrence.
Example:- Many several amusing incidents happens in my life.
16. (a) Addicted:- Physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance.
Example:- Many school going students became addicted to alcohol and diet pills.
(b) Devoted:- Very loving or loyal.
Example:- I am a devoted husband of my wife. To be continue:-
I am very hopeful about the using of these homo phonic or pair of words. By knowing them we can able to using them in a proper way for our betterment. Please, like and comment on it. Also never forget to share it. Thanks.